Within our specialist nursery we cater for children aged between two and five years old.
You may be told about Puzzle Centre by a Paediatrician, Speech and Language Therapist or other professional or you have found out about us yourselves. Either way, parents who think they may be interested in a place for their child are encouraged to call us to arrange a visit to the centre to meet the team and see whether they feel Puzzle Centre would be a suitable environment for their child.
Click here to download our Parents_Prospectus
If you would like to apply for a place at Puzzle Centre nursery, on receipt of your application form for a place in our specialist nursery, we will arrange to meet you and your child at home to assess your child’s needs and to discuss in more detail whether we can meet your child’s needs at our nursery.
- Children will usually have a diagnosis of complex language/communication difficulty and/or autistic spectrum disorder.
- Criteria for admission is based upon an assessment of the needs of the child matching the specialist provision we offer and not upon a specific diagnosis.
- Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis – using the date on which a completed application form is received.
- Local authority funding towards the cost of a place may be available for children with an Education and Health care plan. Most children who attend Puzzle obtain local authority funding which contributes towards the cost of their place. Alternatively some funding referred to as ‘Higher Needs Funding’ may be available towards the charitable costs via your local authority
- Whilst no local authority funding for a child’s special educational needs is in place we do request a small parental contributory fee. Any family who would face difficulties in meeting the cost of a place may appeal for financial assistance from the Puzzle Centre Trust. It is the Trust’s intention that no family who cannot afford to pay this contributory fee towards the cost of the session will be denied a place.
- Children may attend between 2 and 6 sessions per week. A session is two and a half hours long apart from once a week when we offer a short ‘whole day’ session.
- It is the trustee board’s intention that any child will be offered a place for a minimum of 2 sessions per week.
For full details of our admissions policy click here Puzzle Centre Admissions policy
We can also offer additional home programmes/home support for children already attending the centre.
Puzzle Assessment and Support Services (PASS)
In addition we can offer a flexible package of support to families whose child does not attend the nursery at our centre. This support is available for children up to the age of 11.
Click here to download our Puzzle Assessment and Support Service (PASS) Leaflet
For more inforation about this service, please contact the Centre on 01296 711547. Alternatively more information is on our website here